Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Cold Weather Ride!

How absurd is it that for someone who currently lives in Maine, and has lived in Maryland for many years that my coldest biking and camping has occurred in Florida! A few years ago we camped near Pensacola and had night time temps under 32degs. Today i tried my cold weather biking preparations in a balmy 25degs. A 20 minute ride revealed that my cold defense has some holes. I recently added a balaclava and cold weather running pants and they both worked great! But toes and fingers didn’t fair so well. I think some kind of rain over glove will help the fingers by keeping the wind from penetrating the glove. Not sure what to do about toes other than wearing boots. But the fairing I’m installing may make bike shoes acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment