Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sunny but cold(to me at least:)

I got in a short ride today. The sun is out, sky is blue, little wind and it is about 42F(5.5C) or just call it a pretty nice day. I'm finding that I'm able to tolerate cooler, Ok I won't call it cold, weather on the trike.I'm guessing the recumbent position brings my minimum tolerable temperature down about 10F from riding a bicycle.
Today I hit one of the local signature hills on Harry Truman Parkway and hit 25mph with a the full coast down the hill. Very stable with no dramatics. This is only 2mph slower than my highest speed on my hybrid tucked in on the same hill. I'd say aerodynamics are playing a part and that has me already thinking I'm going to have to build an aerodynamic fairing for this baby once I've got my garage to work in.
The hill climb was great, simply gear down and grind, no worries about too slow. I feel that on a bicycle more energy is expended in balancing than is appreciated this hill felt so much easier, I'd love to see some research to back this up. The TS2 has a 17 inch-gear while the hybrid only had  21inch-gear for low so that certainly plays a part, but I don't think that's the whole answer.

Anarchist Thought
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." The USA Bill of Rights 4th Amendment

No comments:

Post a Comment