Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Knox(home) to Belfast Maine

MapMyRide link Today was such a beautiful day I decided to start my across the USA ride. About 9 am I left the house and about two miles down the road I had my first "chased by a dog" event while the fat idiot owner in a tie dyed shirt looked on. But the dog must have experience with pepper spray, and an extended arm pointed at the dog and it backed off. From now on I'm keeping the pepper spray closer at hand.

Some nice climbs but in general a drop from about 750ft msl at our house to sea level in Belfast. Nice low traffic roads or nice shoulders so I never felt in danger. Arrived at the foot bridge before noon and called Donna for a pick-up. Only 17-18 miles since this was originally only a training ride. But once home and looking at the great weather predicted for the next few days, we decided to start the ride until SAG distance back home is too long then we'll do a weather hold until late April. I can't believe this weather will hold.


Pepper spay kept in hand after dog event.

Horses were curious about my trike

Another day of great descents!!!!

Belfast foot bridge, nice descent but dicey roll out.

Belfast Harbor

Home of Idiot dog owner, with dog on porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment